Friday, September 13, 2019

Mock Interview Reflection


I feel that the mock interview process was very beneficial in preparing for future job interviews. In preparing for this interview, I brainstormed my own distinct value to the profession, my strengths and weakness, and other answers to questions I might be asked. Because this was a “low stakes” environment, I felt very calm when doing this interview. I feel that I answered the questions well but in future interviews, I will make sure to remembers the tips that the proctor/interviewer gave us. She advised us to research the facility and mention the mission statement and things we noticed on the website in the interview. This tells the interview that we are truly invested in the company and sets us apart from other interviewees. In terms of salary, she suggested that we wait until the interviewer addresses the topic. Then it is “fair game,” but if we bring it up in the first interview, it may come across as greedy or money-focused. This experience has made me feel more confident in my interviewing skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mock Interview Reflection

I feel that the mock interview process was very beneficial in preparing for future job interviews. In prepari...